Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Lakes and Lattes

Currently, I am sitting in a sweet little coffee shop called The The Bourgious Pig Cafe in downtown Chicago. Thanks to my girl Christy, she suggested I check it out. And if you know me, and my obsession of coffee and cute coffee shops, I made a detour from O'Hare to come here. So I'm playing around on my blog and relaxing on my last day before full-time job begins.

So as a lot of you may know, I moved from the beautiful, 90 degree city of Charleston, SC to the (still beautiful), 70 degree state of Michigan! Although I wouldn't describe it as the "northern" I have definitely noticed some differences:

  • Like I said, the weather. Since I live on Lake Michigan, its much more breezy and chilly!
  • The accents, enough said.
  • Sweet tea=lipton ice tea
  • Coke/soda=pop
  • Free parking...everywhere! Definitely a plus!
  • Dunkin Donuts overtakes Starbucks. And "Biggby" is a huge coffee chain too.
  • The sunsets here are UNBELIEVABLE over the lake.
  • Many people I've talked to here call the sand along Lake Michigan the "beach." 
I'm sure there are more differences than I can identify but those are it for now.
I'll be up here, living with a sweet older lady for three months and working on global marketing plans and projects for a major corporation. God has been so good to give me a great place to live, an incredible church, and meet a friend. I have also been blessed to have my friend Chelsea up here with me for the past three days to help me get settled into my new home and get ready for "big girl world." While she's been here, we have done as much as we can to check out local scenes, and Chicago. 




 

If you like snail mail, post your address and I'd love to write you! I purchased some cute letters I'd love to use;) More updates to come! Happy Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment