Thursday, July 4, 2013

Granola

If you know me, you know my breakfast usually always consists of granola.  When I lived in Columbia, there was a place called immaculate consumption that had the BEST granola I've ever had. I've tried to imitate it time and time again but it never quite turns out right.  So when I tried the granola my chef roommate always makes, I was hooked because it tastes very similar! It is by far, the best granola I've ever had! And it's super easy! Enjoy!

Ingredients:

  • 6 cups oats, thick cut
  • 2 cups pumpkin seeds
  • 2 cups walnuts
  • 1 cup sunflower seeds
  • 1 cup slivered/half almonds
  • 2 cups organic coconut (optional)
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tbsp. cinnamon
  • 1 cup honey or maple syrup, or combo
  • 1 cup oil
Cook at 250 degrees for about an 1 1/2 hours. Stir every once in a while.
And voilà! I usually eat mine with blueberries and vanilla soy milk but obviously you can add any fruit!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment